Bright red hue. The wine releases aromas of wild berries with spicy notes on the nose. Ripe plums can also be detected. Straightforward on the palate, full of fruit, yet nevertheless fresh with a touch of citrus ... on entry, the wine is not as mature as the nose would suggest! Cedar and juniper scents give this wine an elegant, understated patina. A generous wine with good ageing potential.
Côtes du Roussillon Villages
Syrah 50%, Carignan 30% et Grenache Noir 20%
25 HL / Ha
Gneiss and granitic sand from the mountains.
Caramany overlooks the Agly dam at an altitude of 242m.
Selection of the organically grown grapes. These are destemmed but not crushed. 2 aerated pumping-over operations followed by light soaking of the cap during alcoholic fermentation. Slow gentle, fermentation: 3 weeks. Blending.
25% of the wine is aged for 12 months in barrels used for one white wine vintage. The remaining 75% is aged in concrete tanks.