Deep garnet red hue with violet glints. The nose reveals intense aromas of cistus and heather combined with delicate flinty notes. The palate is fresh and elegant with coated tannins and notes of liquorice and aniseed. This red wine offers excellent structure and an attractive mineral backbone. Surprising!
Côtes du Roussillon Villages
Syrah 50%, Carignan 30% et Grenache 20%
25 HL / Ha
Gneiss and granitic sand from the mountains. Caramany overlooks the Agly dam at an altitude of 242m
Selection of the organically grown grapes. These are destemmed but not crushed. 2 aerated pumping-over operations followed by light soaking of the cap during alcoholic fermentation. Slow gentle, fermentation: 3 weeks. Blending.
30% of the wine is aged for 12 months in barrels used for one white wine vintage. The remaining 70% is aged in concrete tanks.
Recognition and awards
- Bettane & Dessauve 2017 Sélectionné 2017 : 14.5/20 Read article
- Guide Hachette 2017 Guide Hachette 2 étoiles : Envoûtant, riche et puissant ...! Read article
- IWC 2016 Commended
- Jancis Robinson 2016 16.5 + / 20 : No flattering sweetness but lots of fierce Caramany character. Read article
Jancis Robinson 2016 - 04/2016Read article