This wine is made from a blend of grapes, 70% of which come from vines planted on a clay-limestone soil and 30% from vines planted on schist. Deep red hue. Intense on the nose with harmonious ripe aromas: cherries mingling with plums and slightly peaty notes. It is clean and straightforward on the palate with a nice hint of bitterness which lifts the finish which has an iodized touch. The wine is tauter than the preceding vintage. Lovely overall balance and a gorgeous tannic grain. A lovely vintage best appreciated in the next 7-8 years.
Syrah 60% Grenache 30% Carignan 10%
35 HL / Ha
Schist and clay-limestone
Traditional vinification in concrete tanks. Grapes are destemmed but not crushed. Syrah is fermented at 28°C; 30°C for Grenache and Carignan.
15 months in concrete tank.
Recognition and awards
- Bettane & Dessauve 2017 Sélectionné 2017 : 15/20 Read article
- The Wine Advocate 89/100 - Drink 2016-2021 Read article
- Top 100 French wines Highly Recommanded by The Wine Merchant Read article
- IWC 2016 Commended
- Decanter 2016 Bronze medal
- Jancis Robinson 2016 17 + / 20 : All structure and tension at the moment, underlying complexity promising much more ... Read article