A gleaming wine of deep, intense purple red. Its aromas are powerful, with highly expressive exotic fruit derived from the Petit Verdot and a bouquet of spices that are characteristic of Malbec. This mingling of ripe fruit, spices and toasted notes results in a luscious, seductively smooth and superbly balanced wine. Exotic touches of grenadine, notes of violet, but also liquorice, plum and virginia tobacco complete the harmony of a blend that is highly unusual for our region, but eminently gluggable! A must try!
IGP Pays d’Oc
60% Petit Verdot, 40% Malbec
50 HL / Ha
Limestone clay. The climate is Mediterranean with a continental influence typical of the Limoux terroir for our Malbec, and profoundly Mediterranean nearer to the coast for our Petit Verdot.
Traditional vinification, with total destemming and partial crushing at 40%. Short ten minute pumping over daily with a fermentation temperature of between 25°and 28°C. Total vatting time of three weeks. Malolactic fermentation after settling.
Matured in barrels (two wines old) for 3 months.
Recognition and awards
- Top 50 Occitanie TOP 5
- Terre et Vins Gold Medal
- Jancis Robinson 15/20
- Prix Plaisir 2019 Gold Medal
- Andréas Larsson 86/100 Pure nose offering primary fruit notes, floral notes, violet with sweet cherry and plum...
- World Constest Brussels 2019 Silver Medal Read article
- International Wine Challenge 2019 Bronze Medal Read article
- Competition Terre de Vins 2019 Gold Medal
- Decanter WWA 2019 Bronze Medal
- bettane+desseauve Gold Medal Prix Plaisir 2019
- bettane+desseauve Gold Medal Prix Plaisir 2019 Read article