Clear, pale green hue. Our Villa Blanche Chardonnay 2015 is in the same vein as the previous vintages with a little less maturity than the 2014. Very expressive with white flowers and fruity aromas of apricot and vineyard peach, along with dried fruit and nut overtones. Straightforward, clean, full and well-balanced on the palate, with a fresh and fruity finish revealing mango and citrus overtones. The oak is subtle and very smooth. This vintage shows lovely acidic tension: elegant.
IGP Pays d'Oc
Volcanic, clay and limestone. The climate is typically Mediterranean, warm and sunny with low rainfall. Winters are mild, summers are hot and the usual dry conditions ensure that the grapes ripen fully. Vines are ploughed; no weed killer is used. Pruning is short to regulate the vine's growth and its yields.
The grapes are picked at night, in two passes. The first harvest is done at a relatively early stage in maturity, to keep freshness in the wine. Then 15 days later a second harvest is done, to get good concentration and varietal aromas. Grapes are destemmed and then macerated at 5°C for 4 hours. Fermentation is termpature-controlled 15°C (no malolactic fermentation).
Chardonnay are aged for three months in oak barrels (30% of the vintage).
Recognition and awards
- Bettane & Dessauve 2017 Sélectionné 2017 : 15/20 Read article
- Guide Hachette 2017 Guide Hachette 2 étoiles : D'un équilibre, d'une finesse et d'une longueur remarquable ...! Read article
- The Wine Advocate 85/100 - Drink 2016-2018 Read article
- Top 100 The Wine Merchant Highly Recommanded by The Wine Merchant Read article
- Jancis Robinson 2016 16.5 / 20 : Surprisingly long ! Read article
- Top 100 Sud de France Commended Read article
- IWC 2016 Commended
- Concours National IGP 2016 Gold Medal