In 2015, the blend was made up of 65% vines planted on a clay-limestone soil and 35% on schist soils.
Garnet-red in colour, the wine as a fine nose with soft aromas of peat, dark fruit and spices. On the palate, the wine is forthright, clean and full of plump tannins. A sensation of mineral aromas on the first tasting gives way to very rich fruity flavours – blackcurrant and blackberry. This vintage is slightly more complex than the previous one and could easily be kept for a few years longer.
Syrah 50%, Grenache 30%, Cinsault 20 %
40 HL / Ha
Schist and clay-limestone
Traditional vinification in concrete tanks. Grapes are destemmed but not crushed. Syrah is fermented at 25°C; 28°C for Grenache and Cinsault.
12 months in concrete tank.
Recognition and awards
- Raymond Chan 17.5/20 **** . This is a rich, plush and plump Saint Chinian ... Read article
- Bettane & Dessauve 2019 - page 602 14.5/20 Read article
- Sam Kim (Wine Orbit) 2018 91/100
- Bettane & Desseauve 2018 14.5/20 Read article
- Jancis Robinson 17 /20 : This really is the aristocrat of the Languedoc appellations. Glides. Read article