Côtes du Roussillon Villages
Deep purple red colour, almost black. The nose is pronounced with hints of ripe red fruits, almost jammy. Cherry, fig and dried plum dominate. The attack is concentrated but soft. Natural sugar envelops soft tannins. Aromas of candied fruits cover the back of the palate. Nice balance and good length.
AOP Côtes du Roussillon Villages
Grenache 20%, Syrah 40% and Carignan 40% (50 year-old vines)
20 HL / Ha
70% Schist, 30% clay & limestone
The Carignan is vinified by carbonic maceration after sorting the grapes. The Syrah and the Grenache are blended in the vat, destemmed and half is crushed. Traditional vinification including one's month maceration at 27°C. 30% of the volume is pumped over during the first 5 days. Malolactic fermentation is done with the marc.
Ageing in concrete tanks.
Recognition and awards
- Guide Bettane & Dessauve 2015 15 / 20 Read article
- Raymond Chan 16.5+ / 20 - *** Read article
- Bettane & Dessauve 2014 15/20 : Grande fraîcheur dans ce rouge structuré et racé. Read article
- Jancis Robinson Dégustation Juillet 2013 : 16.5/20 Read article
- Decanter Bronze Medal Read article
- International Wine Challenge 2013 Trophy – Best Regional wine Read article
- International Wine Challenge 2013 Gold Medal Read article
Gourmet Traveller - Wine (Australie) - 07/2014Read article
Hong Kong Economic Journal - by Annette Lee - 07/2014Read article
DRINKSBIZ - by Joelle Thomson (New Zeland) - June/July 2014 - 07/2014Read article
The Wine Front - by Mike Bennie - 9th of June 2014 - 06/2014Read article
Wine Writers of NZ by Cameron Douglas - 24.05.2014 - 05/2014Read article
Grape Observer - 23.03.2014 - 03/2014Read article
Liverpool Echo - Jane Clare - 02/2014Read article