A wine of reddish-purple colour with exquisite violet reflections. The nose opens with seductively powerful aromas of ripe black fruit, then come cocoa and mocha, with fig, prune and blackberry joining in the dance, mingling joyfully with vanilla and toasted notes. In the mouth, the smoothness of texture and the silkiness of the tannins are astonishing. The aromas echo the same black fruit enhanced with truffle-like notes of forest floor, leading to an opulent but superbly fresh finish. A wine gorged with sunshine that indulges the senses whilst maintaining a perfect balance that allows it to rise to all occasions.
IGP Pays d'Oc
Clay and limestone. The climate is typically Mediterranean, warm and sunny with low rainfall. Winters are mild, summers are hot and usual dry conditions allow the grapes to ripen fully. Vines are ploughed. We do not use weed killer. Pruning is short to regulate the vine's growth and its yields.
Grapes are 50% crushed and fully de-stemmed. Cold maceration during 7 days at 5°C then traditional vinification at 25°C. The vatting period lasts 4 weeks.
30% of the wine is aged for 4 months in oak barrels. The remaining 70% is raised in tanks on fine lees.