Very intense purplish colour. The nose is powerful with notes of black, jammy fruit evolving to garrigue spices mixed with forest floor and dill. The mouth is full, round and opulent, packed with ripe fruits such as prune, fig and blackberry with superbly vanilla and toasted finish. This extremely luscious wine is a concentration of all the sun of the South.
IGP Pays d'Oc
Clay and limestone. The climate is typically Mediterranean, warm and sunny with low rainfall. Winters are mild, summers are hot and usual dry conditions allow the grapes to ripen fully. Vines are ploughed. We do not use weed killer. Pruning is short to regulate the vine's growth and its yields.
Grapes are 50% crushed and fully de-stemmed. Cold maceration during 7 days at 5°C then traditional vinification at 25°C. The vatting period lasts 4 weeks.
50% of the wine is aged for 6 months in oak barrels. The remaining 50% is raised in tanks on fine lees.
Recognition and awards
- Raymond Chan 17.5 /20 **** . This is a rich, plush and juicy, black-fruited Syrah with pepper Read article
- Wine Merchant 2018 Top 100 Read article
- Sam Kim (Wine Orbit) 2018 91/100
- Jancis Robinson 30/09/2017 16/20 Simple but immensely drinkable! Read article
- Bettane & Desseauve 2018 14.5/20 Read article
- Syrah du Monde 2017 Silver medal - in the first 36th best french Syrah on 372 samples tasted
Matthew Jukes Review - February 2018 - 10/2018Read article