Beautiful deep dark colour. Dominated by black fruit aromas (blackberry, blackcurrant, fig). The mouth is intense, full bodied with beautiful silky tannins. Ends on a hint of fruits with alcohol. Perfect with red meat and spicy food.
IGP Pays d’Oc
Volcanic, clay and limestone
The climate is typically Mediterranean, warm and sunny with low rainfall.
Winters are mild, summers are hot and usual dry conditions allow the grapes to ripen fully.
Vines are ploughed. We do not use weed killer. Pruning is short to regulate the vine's growth and its yields.
The grapes are picked by machine at the optimum maturity, early in the morning to avoid oxidization. Cold maceration for 5 days at 2°C. Then traditional vinification at 25°C. We blend two Syrahs with different profiles : one fresh and lively, the other more mature.
30% of the wine is aged for two months in oak barrels of 2 vintages. The remaining 70% is raised in tanks on fine lees.
Recognition and awards
Foodepedia - 02/2016Read article